PEER INSIGHT VENTURES
INVITE YOU TO JOIN US FOR
(by invitation only)
Truth of IoT
The Un-Conference on Commercializing
the Internet of Things
There’s plenty of know-how out there on how to connect the next “thing” to the Internet. But not every IoT application has a compelling use case and a scalable business model.
This forum will get to the commercial truth of IoT, ignoring how to build it in favor of how to commercialize it. Join a small group of hand-picked peers to share the practical short-cuts — and pitfalls — of monetizing an IoT venture within a blue-chip corporation.
Wednesday, June 27th, 2018
10:00am - 3:30pm
$800 per company
(admits two attendees)
WHAT TO EXPECT
- An invitation-only dialog among IoT change-makers from Fortune 500 companies (limit of 12 firms)
- Straight talk about what’s working, what’s missing in IoT commercialization
- No competitors, no selling, no NDAs ... just candid, off-the-record advice from the front lines
- Low-PowerPoint format (limit of 5 topics, 3 slides per topic) ensures emphasis on direct interaction among admired peers
- Moderated by Tim Ogilvie, Founder of Peer Insight Ventures
Tim is Founder of Peer Insight Ventures and a veteran of over a dozen IoT ventures in firms both large and small. Prior to forming Peer Insight in 2004, he was founder of an IoT startup (Brivo Systems) that pivoted successfully from e-commerce to commercial access control. At Peer Insight he has helped pioneer the emerging methods of design thinking, business model innovation, and corporate entrepreneurship. He is co-author of two best-selling books on these subjects: “Designing for Growth” and “The Designing for Growth Field Book,” which are available in six languages. Tim’s education includes a Masters in Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems from Georgia Tech and a BA from the University of Virginia. He is a Visiting Lecturer at the University of Virginia Darden School of Business, where he teaches design thinking and entrepreneurship.