The Design Strategist will be someone skilled at applying creative methods such as empathy, visualization and synthesis to frame and solve problems. The consultant should have an interest in and an aptitude for combining design thinking, entrepreneurship and traditional business strategy methods to approach client challenges, particularly in the field of service innovation.
This is a full-time position, located at the Peer Insight office in Washington, DC.
For this opening, we are only considering applicants who are currently authorized to work in the U.S. for a private firm and thus does not require a firm to provide sponsorship for employment.
What you need to succeed wildly in this position (as we expect you will):
- 2-3 years experience conducting primary research and interpreting, distilling and presenting research findings in a consulting or corporate environment, or the equivalent education and experience. Firm grasp of how research guides and inspires the innovation process (with a specific interest in services). Willingness and aptitude to stretch our thinking on design research best practices.
- Strength in at least two of the following areas: product/service development, business modeling, business research and analytics, workshop facilitation.
- The strongest candidates will have an established toolkit including: design methods, project management skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to navigate confidently between the worlds of design and business, in some cases, across multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide variety of creative and analytic professionals.
- Ability to display confidence and generate creative approaches in situations of ambiguity.
- BA in Service Design, Design Planning, Business Analytics, Social Sciences, Research Methods, or other related degree.
Peer Insight is located in Washington, DC. We merge the creativity of design thinking with the smarts of business strategy to guide companies on the journey to sustainable growth. We partner with visionary organizations, including Fortune 250 companies, non-profit organizations, public sector entities and educational institutions. We strive to recruit a group of unique individuals, not a homogenous pack, but our team members tend to share these attributes: