Every team I've worked with inevitably asks, “How do our innovation practices stack up against those of other organizations?” To answer this question for our clients, we spend 30 days conducting interviews and looking for patterns in past project work in order to score the organization against what we've identified as the Five Pillars of Innovation:
- The firm recognizes innovation as a new discipline, distinct from quality or new product development
- The customer experience becomes the starting point for innovation activities
- Senior leaders take up the innovation challenge
- The innovation operating model is embedded in day-to-day operations
- Change management is an explicit element of innovation
Organizations come out of this 30-day diagnostic knowing their strengths and gaps, how they compare against the 50+ other firms we've served, and the calls-to-action for their change agents. Is your firm ready to be diagnosed?